Nail Art Expert Tips: How to do exclusive nail arts at home?
Nails are important beauty elements for women and everyone wants to know how to do fancy nail arts at home at low cost. Explore how you should do nail art at home step by step, precautions needed and other tips for cheap nail art at home. Keep reading!
Nail arts or artistic work of the nails have a long history. The Egyptians used berries and different pigments to add color and effects to the nails. Nail art can be an elusive and subdued or as wild and loud as you want. Here are some great home nail art tips for you. Go through the article and find out how to do nail art at home, what are the steps of doing nail art, precautions needed, and more. Keep reading!
Steps to be taken before starting Nail Art
- The first thing you need to do while doing nail art at home is to make sure that your nails are clean and shaped well enough that they look even. Make sure that your cuticles are nice and to make them soft, use petroleum jelly.
- You need not to focus on only one brand. Browse the best nail art brands in the market, discover and experiment with a few different brands and types of polish or paint, and don't forget to try acrylic craft paints — these work great and are a whole lot cheaper than nail paints or polish.
- You can also go for professional-grade nail art kits that include all the brushes, stripes, and marbling tools you will need. For example, a toothpick or bobby pin can help you apply dots and swirl colors with precision and thin-tipped detail brushes available at the local arts or hobby store can work just as well as special nail art brushes.
- Perhaps most importantly, make sure you have acetone for quickly removing mistakes, and have cotton balls available solely for applying the acetone.
Steps of doing nail art: How do you do great nail arts at home?
- First step is to give your nails a base coat. Before starting to do nail art at home, you need to create an idea for the nails. Depending on the look you're going for, you can paint your nails a neutral color, such as clear, white, pale beige or pale pink, or you can paint them any other color you desire. You may also wish to go for interesting pattern of dividing the nail into two or three different colors. Always do two coats, as it strengthens the nail and gives a better finishing. Make sure your nails are neat and even, and allow it to dry thoroughly before proceeding.
- Second step of doing nail art at home is creating your nail art on top of the base coat. Dip your brush or other tool in one color of paint to make sure the paint adequately and evenly covers it. Make sure your brush does not have globs, excess paint, or not enough paint or you are going to face trouble painting. And then, the most important home nail art guide tips for beginners. Don't overdo it, simple designs are often the most beautiful!
- Add other colors to make new designs or add good highlights. Once your first color is dry, you can add other colors either on top of the first or in other places on the nail.
- While doing nail art at home, you can create dots of varying sizes by using thinner or thicker-tipped implements.
- Once all your nail arts are dry, paint over it with a clear protective acrylic top coat to seal and protect your nail.
Measures taken after applying nail art at home
- It is important to know how to protect nail art or how to take care of your nail art. Reapply a clear top coat in every two or three days to protect your art and keep your nails looking shiny.
- Apply cuticle oil daily.
- Treat your nails with care so as they don't get damaged. Remember, healthier nails are much more important than doing nail arts, and if you don't have great nails, you can't produce great nail art either. Follow our home manicure tips to find out how to take a complete care of your nail.
Simple nail art tips to do at home: Applying glitters
- Mix glitter with nail gel or paint. Dip brush into mixture and apply the mixture onto the nail in desired shape or pattern. Let it dry.
- Apply nail gel on nail only where you want to apply glitter. Allow the gel and glitter to dry, and use a small implement to remove any glitter that you don't want. Apply top coat.
Alternative for nail arts at home
Nowadays, interesting nail stickers or jewels are coming in market which is used as substitute for the nail art. Simply paste it on your nail and done ready. According to me this art is purely based on ones imagination, and you can therefore design your nails according to what is the need of the hour. The best part is that it is not so much time consuming and also not so costly.
To read more on nail art, manicure and other beauty care tips, subscribe to us!